-->

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Washington D.C. Part 2

Here are more photos from my day in Washington, D.C. For a girl that wants to work in a museum one day, I was seriously in heaven.

Flight attendant uniforms
at the Air and Space Museum

John Glenn's space suit


"I have a feeling that there is just one more flight in my system."  -  Amelia Earhart, June 1, 1937 before what would become her last flight.  

Woolworth's lunch counter from Greensboro, NC sit-ins

World War II canning poster at NMAH

NMAH

JFK's inauguration

Filing cabinet broken into at Watergate at NMAH 

Berlin Wall at NMAH

Library of Congress

Creating the United States


Hope for America: Performers, Politics and Pop Culture
Hope for America jukebox
Above is a screen shot of a jukebox from the Library of Congress politics and pop culture exhibit that played songs about political or social issues.  I listened to snippets of a lot of my favorites from the 1960s and 1970s, but played this entire song in honor of my mom, who introduced me to Aretha when I was just a young little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment