-->

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life Lately

Y'all, I just want to take a minute and do a quick life update.  The weather is warm here in Tuscaloosa, I just got back from an amazing spring break (posts are coming, I promise!), and I have recently received some great news about the year ahead.  I am so blessed.

Recently I submitted a poster proposal about my work at the Hoole Special Collections Library for the Society of American Archivists annual meeting in San Diego at the beginning of August.  This year's theme was "Beyond Borders" and my poster would discuss how archives and special collections libraries can go beyond the borders of their physical collections to reach more visitors through social media and collaboration with unconventional partners. I found out two weeks ago that my poster was accepted! Great news!

Fast forward to yesterday, I was officially offered a graduate assistantship in UA's Division of Student Affairs as the Panhellenic graduate assistant.  I am so excited about this opportunity and have really been praying about it a lot! Bad news, the preparation week for sorority formal recruitment, commonly known as "rush workshop" is the same week as the SAA Conference.  Duty calls, and unfortunately I cannot attend the conference.

With everything that has been going on in my life lately, especially when many aspects were up in the air and unknown, I have really seen God's work in my life.  Here are some Bible passages that have really helped me stay calm and trusting in His plan.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in all things, with prayer and supplication, with acts of thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which exceeds all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any virtue, if there is any praise, think on these things. - Philippians 4:6-8

via
And my favorite Bible verse:

When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. - Ecclesiastes 7:14

Do you have any words of wisdom or great quotes that help you through the tough times? 

No comments:

Post a Comment