-->

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baltimore and D.C. Part 1


My last stop in my tour of the northeast over spring break was Baltimore to visit my longtime friend Liza.  We have been friends since 1st grade.  Unfortunately, Liza found out the day of my arrival that she had to go to Florida for the weekend for work.  Her lovely roommates, Ellie and Eleana, were gracious enough to host me for the rest of the weekend.

Laura, me and Liza circa 1996




Liza, me and Laura - 2007 Senior Prom 

Laura, Liza, Krista, me and Allie - Christmas 2010

Since we had a change of plans, I decided to go to D.C. during the day on Saturday and hopped on the train early in the morning and returned to Baltimore that evening.  Trying to squeeze everything I wanted to see into one day was a challenge I did not meet. What better excuse for a return trip though - on a weekend that Liza is home! This is what I did see:
U.S. Capitol

National Archives

Vietnam Veterans Memorial



World War II Memorial

World War II Memorial

World War II Memorial

Korean War Veterans Memorial

Lincoln Memorial 




No comments:

Post a Comment