-->

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Whatcha Readin'?

Right now, in the small amount of free time I have between required grad school readings, I am reading this:
I Walked the Line: My Life with Johnny by Vivian Cash (2007) 
I decided to check out this book because my friend Kate and I got together last weekend and watched this:

Normally when I'm watching movies, I'll check out IMDB to read trivia, goofs, etc. on the movies and with movies like this, try to differentiate the facts from the Hollywood storyline.  This time I learned "I Walk the Line" wasn't even about June Carter Cash, it was about Johnny's first wife, Vivian.  Every time I watched the movie, I was always curious about the character played by Ginnifer Goodwin (love her!)
Ginnifer Goodwin as Vivian Cash
I am enjoying the book so far.  It is introduced by Vivian then is mostly reproductions of letters Johnny Cash wrote her.  While interesting, the emotion and pain I felt from Vivian's own words brought me to tears by page 8.  Read the NY Times review of the book here.

And to sign off, here's a bit from "The Man in Black" himself.  
What are you reading? Anything good? 

No comments:

Post a Comment