-->

Saturday, January 7, 2012

S-ART-urday (Eric Carle)

1. I am now in library school with many people aspiring to be children's librarians. (Roll Tide.)
2. My little sister is an elementary education major at LSU. (Boo Tigers).  
1+2 = my renewed interest in children's books.  

I have started keeping my eye out for children's books I can buy my sister for her future classroom.  I got quite a few at an end of semester book sale for great prices and picked up a few more while shopping at Kohl's after Christmas through the Kohl's Cares program, which sells kid-friendly merchandise and uses 100 percent of the net profit donated to support kids' health and education initiatives in communities worldwide.  Eric Carle books were for sale, and I picked up two.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the collage illustrations of Eric Carle as a child.  If you've forgotten too, allow me to remind you.  

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

The Very Busy Spider

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 




View previous S-ART-urday posts: DIY Paint ChipsTom Slaughter

I am not affiliated with Kohl's in any way and they did not endorse this post.  All opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment