-->

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Not Guilty" Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies the other night and began looking up recipes.  One by a very well-known lady who made some bad decisions about stock trades required two sticks of butter.  So I did a search of Chocolate Covered Katie's blog for a more low-cal option and this is what I found: 
I've made them 3 times since I discovered the recipe not too long ago. 
  • 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour (Katie used 70g oat flour. I used all-purpose.)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
  • 2T to 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I love chocolate, so I went 1/3 cup)
  • 2T brown sugar 
  • 2T white sugar (I used Splenda) 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1T vegetable oil 
  • 1-3T nondairy milk, as needed (I used skim milk and they turned out great!) 
Bake at 375 for 7 minutes. The batch is the perfect size. Check out the original post for more baking details.  And check Katie's blog for all sorts of healthy sweet treats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment