-->

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Band

The Band is definitely one of my favorite bands. I could watch The Last Waltz over and over again and never get sick of it.

I bought myself this t-shirt a few years ago, and it is now a staple in my "casual days" wardrobe.


Some of my favorite album covers from The Band: 

Music from Big Pink (1968)

Stage Fright (1970)

Jericho (1993) 
 The house on the Jericho cover is "Big Pink," the namesake of the band's debut album.  It is a house in West Saugerties, New York near Woodstock.  Bob Dylan wrote and played what came to be known as "The Basement Tapes" in the house, which is a private residence today.

During the summer of 2011, I spent a large portion of my time at work looking through old UA Corollas and look at what I found:

If only I had been a student in the fall of 1970! 

No comments:

Post a Comment